Thursday, May 21, 2009

Calypso (part ii); or, it says here (different version).

We honor the Classic Penguin look with a quartet in Day Glo Orange kinda.



A great little Oakland band I once placed amongst giants. The flip on this Slumberland split was Rocketship, "It's Going To Be Soon." To paraphrase Bob Pollard, "Long Live Slumberland!"

+1 Cd "and a tacky badge"











When I saw the title of B.1, I immediately bought this ep sound unheard at the late lamentedRed Rhino Records on Goodramgate and rushed back to URY studio's to give it a spin. Ah, York those were some times. Needless to say on the morrow I rushed back into town and bought the Big Boy editions Orange and Green + a Brewin' Up T-shirt now proudly and appropriately hand-me-downed to one of Kicker's Kool Kidz!

BTW, Christopher Hill, a native or York after all, wrote one of my favorite books as an undergrad: The World Turned Upside Down: Radical Ideas During The English Revolution.





Hill gets the last words well the penultimate sentence of his conclusion's paragraph. And of course their heft has them leaning to the LEFT!

No comments: