Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Reelin' in the years.

Haven't done one of the music playlists in a while. Here's one of the last ones I composed in an attempt to give a friend some of the best music of 2007. Note: M.I.A. was much more of a rarity before Slumdog Millionaire outside certain hipster music circles. I mean Kala wasn't getting tons of commercial radio airplay two years ago. As with such lists, no real rules: I sometimes do more than 1 track for an artist; bootlegs and reissues are allowed, even encouraged.

Drive-By Truckers "Dress Blues" (Live)
one of the last things Isbell did before he left the band
Neil Young "Bad Fog of Loneliness" Live at Masset Hall 1971
Radiohead "Wierd Fishes/Arpeggi" In Rainbows
Radiohead "All I Need" In Rainbows
Von Südenfed "The Rhinohead" Tromatic Reflexxions
Mark E. Smith side project with Mouse on Mars
Pylon "Cool" Gyrate Plus
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss "Through the Morning, Through the Night" Raising Sand
Phantom Blues Band "Yield Not To Temptation" Out of the Shadows
The White Stripes "You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)" Icky Thump
Wu-Tang Clan "The Heart Gently Weeps (feat. Erykah Badu, Dhani Harrison & John Frusciante)" 8 Diagrams
LCD Soundsystem "All My Friends" All My Friends
Young Marble Giants "Credit in the Straight World" Colossal Youth
Young Marble Giants "Brand - New - Life" Colossal Youth
Mark Ronson "Stop Me (featuring Daniel Merriweather)" Version
Or, When Morrissey met Diana at the corner phone box; even WMSV played this one a couple of times
Panda Bear "I'm Not" Person Pitch
M.I.A. "$20" Kala
M.I.A. "Paper Planes" Kala
Young Agent Jones "She Just Happens Sometimes" We Know Who You Are.

No comments: