Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A city in the north.

My next-door neighbors are moving to Portland (lucky them). This happened long before Sun Microsystems just got gobbled up by Larry Ellison's inescapable maw, so it's a done deal. I decided to make them a travellin' CD to acclimatise to the NW.

This Mix is dedicated to them and Carrie, Douglas, Janet, Miguel, and Stephen.
Nota Bene: They are in no way responsible for the content or sequencing!

LCM Vol II: On To the Great Northwest

Flying Saucer Attack-Outdoor Miner
My Bloody Valentine-Map Ref 41N 93W
Tara Jane O'Neill-A City in The North
Pink Martini-Let's Never Stop Falling in Love
The Helios Sequence-Everyone Knows Everyone
The Shins-Pressed in a Book
Nu Shooz-I Just Can't Wait
Paul Revere & The Raiders-Just Like Me
The Brian Jonestown Massacre-Wisdom
The Dandy Warhols-Not If Your Were the Last Junkie on Earth
Avengers-The Amerikan in Me
Mission of Burma-Youth of America
The Kingsmen-Louie Louie
Team Dresch-Fake Fight
Sleater-Kinney-I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone
Sleater-Kinney-Start Together
Sleater Kinney-Light-Rail Coyote
The Thermals-Our Trip
Quasi-Our Happiness Guaranteed
Loretta Lynne w/Jack Black-Portland, Oregon
Stephen Malkmus-We Can't Help You
Robert Cray-Right Next Door (Because of Me)

1 comment:

Francesca said...

Guess what? I don't recognize anyone in that list, but the theme makes it a good selection for Tom!
PS Tip of the day: my latest find from my quality radio time is the Italian Giusy Ferrero, who used to work in a supermarket in Naples until she struck success with her raspy voice