Tuesday, July 21, 2009

That'll be the day.

Woke up to find out my third PopMatters YoutTube essay jumped the queue and was published a mere 2 days after I submitted it. Now the purpose for my trip to Antone's is made clear.

Fantastic breakfast at Juanita's Tacos and more followed by a trip to UT Austin camopus to finalize my reader's privileges at The Harry Ransom Center.

I love restaurants that set up in converted train cars.



I had a migas and cheese taco and a chorizo and cheese taco con dos salsas (pictured) and a Diet Coke all for $5 even.



The main entrance to campus overseen by the famous UT Tower.



The entrance to Harry Ransom Center.



Two great exhibitions I saw.



Lunch at the Famous Ruby's BBQ: 2 1/2 pound mixed plates Elgin Sausages and either Beef/Pork with Cole Slaw and BBQ Beans plus Freshly Squeezed Homemade Lemonade.



This afternoon took Gracie for another play period at Town Lake underneath Mo-Pac Bridge and a walk down and back to Deep Eddy Pool concluded with a fantastic Papaya Maya smoothie. That will be all from Austin. Adios amigos!

No comments: