Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Cast iron




Went into downtown Waynesville on several occasions to browse, shop, and hit the library for Internet access. First place I hit was the famous outlet for Just Ducky to get some Baby and kiddie Christmas gifts, a fun store despite the ridiculous 30 dollar Gund infant T-shirts.





On another trip, I would have a fantastic lunch with my parents at The Sweet Onion Restaurant née Wildfire: sweet onion soup and a tomato and feta stack for me.








No trip to Waynesville is complete without stopping in two stores: Mast General and Home Tech: "The Kitchen Shop." I walked around The Sweet Onion and entered Mast from below and behind, fighting my way past the crowd checking out near the Candy shop on the lower level, als home to a great selection of kids toys and the cook shop where cast iron implements abound, formerly lodged on the second floor loggia.





Headed upstairs through the main floor of winter clothing and out to Main Street.




Headed upstairs through the main floor of winter clothing and out to Main Street.



I also had fun browsing in two book stores: Osondu Booksellers and Blue Ridge Books & News, where on a good day you can get that day's Financial Times.

No comments: